Blades & Accessories
Razor Blade Tips & AdviceAt the heart of safety razor shaving is the double-edge razor blade. The nice part of double-edge blades when compared to cartridges is that safety razor blades universally fit any safety razor and are way cheaper. Double-edge blades vary in sharpness, as well as materials and coating that factor into the blade’s durability and the quality of shave. While these differences may be subtle in some instances, we pride ourselves on the wide selection we offer so that you can find the one that feels just right.
What Is The Best Safety Razor Blade For Me?The sharpness, materials and coating of the blade all have an effect on how the blade performs. Every guy’s skin is different, so we recommend picking up our Double-Edged Razor Sampler Pack to try out a wide variety and best determine which blades suit you best. If you’re just looking for one or two to start, go with Merkur or Feather . Merkur is our most popular blade by far and Feather gets a reputation as being one of the sharpest blades which many gents like. If you’re not sure, you should try a sample pack. Our basic sampler pack includes: Astra, Shark, Big Ben, 7 AM, Treet, Wilkinson, Gillette, Rapira and Laser. Our Whole Shebang Pack includes all of these plus Merkur and Feather. Try them all out and you’ll have your personal safety razor blade in no time.
You could simply grab a safety razor and shaving cream and call it a day. But, the great part of double-edge shaving is that there is so much out there to help make your morning ritual a grand experience:
• Razor Stand: Hang your razor and brush up to dry properly so that they’ll last longer and function better. Permabrands’ Razor & Shaving Brush Stand gets the job done.
• Shaving Bowl or Shaving Mug: Whip your favorite lathering shave cream or soap into a lather while upgrading your bathroom décor with a real bowl or mug.
• Blood Stoppers: If you’re new to safety razor shaving, check out alum blocks and a styptic pencil . These products don’t just soothe irritated and sensitive skin post-shave, they also seal the skin after a nick from the blade to stop bleeding and provide instant relief.
• Razor Pit: If you’re still loyal to your cartridge razor, you won’t be saving an arm and a leg on replacement blades, but you can save more than a few bucks with a Razor Pit.The Razor Pit sharpens your blades as you run the razor across it so that you can revive worn out cartridges and buy time before purchasing more.
• Protective Cases: This is probably not a shock to you, but razors are very sharp. It’s important to store these properly to avoid accidental cutting. Grab a Parker Leather Pouch to store safely straight and safety razors on the go. For disposing of old razors at home, don’t toss them in the trash and hope for the best. A Razor Bank provides safe storage of used blades so once the bank is full you may dispose of them safely all at once.
WOW-Worthy Customer Experience
Making the men in this world even more handsome takes a lot of hard work. So, getting incredible customer reviews and feedback from thousands of satisfied customers means everything to us. Service is truly the backbone of our business in both our two barbershop & spas and online. Below, enjoy some our most recent reviews from customers via our third-party review partner Shopper Approved. If you ever need any grooming advice, or have a question about an order, please do not hesitate to reach out to us – we’re here to assist.