Men's styling products allow you to leave the comfort of your own home with a "just left the salon" look. Our selection includes men’s styling creams, pastes, waxes, gels and more. Each one has a unique hold and finish and choosing and using a product suited to your hair type and style makes looking handsome much easier.
Men's Styling Products
Insight & Advice on Men’s Styling Products
Recreate any hairstyle with a quality, barber-approved styling aid. Styling aids have made great strides and are now available as pomades, waxes, muds, creams and gels. These products vary in the amount of hold (how much your hair stays in place) and the finish (shiny, slick hair versus a natural, dry appearance). The key is understanding what type of look will work best for your hair. By choosing and using a men’s styling product perfectly suited to your hair type and style, your lid can get that “just left the barber” look. To make it easier, we’ve broken down the differences in styling aids:
Types of styling aids:
- Pomades: Incredibly versatile, offering a wet, shiny look while maintaining a pliable hold. Though not right for fine hair, they’re perfect for sleek, well-groomed styles or shorter, texturized styles.
- Waxes: Similar to pomades, but offer a stronger hold. A great choice for lending shine and control to short cuts, they’re also perfect for managing very thick hair.
- Muds: The choice when maximum control is needed. This type of styler is great for giving texture to short, disheveled styles and for adding separation to long styles. Many muds and fibers give off a non-glossy, matte finish.
- Creams: Often the best choice for men who need something in their hair, but don’t want to look like it. Men’s styling creams offer a lighter finish and some shine and are quite adept at controlling flyaways and helping to neaten shorter styles.
- Gels: usually the best option to create a wet, sleek look. Quality gels will have "memory" once dry, enabling comb-through that can provide a structured, yet dry appearance. Gels usually come in firm or light hold.