Shaving Cream and Shaving Soap Tips & Advice
Believe it or not, running a razor blade over your face can agitate skin – causing irritation, redness, ingrown hairs and breakouts. Shaving creams and soaps provide a lubricated surface for blades to glide across and add a layer of protection for your skin. A quality shave cream or soap sinks in beyond the top layer of skin to nourish and protect. We’ve outlined the main attributes of each below:
• Thick, rich emulsions that protect the skin.
• Typically, not as effective lathering with a brush unless specifically designed for such.
• Apply a modest layer across your face and work in aggressively. If it’s not touching your skin (it's foamed up an inch off it), it’s not doing anything.Our recommendation: Grooming Lounge Beard Destroyer Shave Cream
• Comes as a block or a puck.
• Requires a brush and a bowl to lather up.
• For thicker soaps, increase lathering time.
• Provides a lubricated surface for the razor to glide.Our recommendation: Truefitt & Hill Luxury Shave Soap
Creating A Lather
Learning the proper technique to lathering is key for getting the right thickness, without using too much.
• Place the shaving cream or soap into a shaving bowl.
• Wet your shave brush and shake off excess water so that it does not dilute the cream/soap.
• Work the product in a circular motion with the shave brush.
• Use the brush to apply the lather to your face, going with and against the grain to stand up whiskers.
WOW-Worthy Customer Experience
Making the men in this world even more handsome takes a lot of hard work. So, getting incredible customer reviews and feedback from thousands of satisfied customers means everything to us. Service is truly the backbone of our business in both our two barbershop & spas and online. Below, enjoy some our most recent reviews from customers via our third-party review partner Shopper Approved. If you ever need any grooming advice, or have a question about an order, please do not hesitate to reach out to us – we’re here to assist.