HOW TO NAIL IT
TAKING CARE OF HANDS AT HOME
Hands say a lot about a man. Sure they’re not the first thing folks notice, but they’re usually the initial part people come into actual contact with. And whether shaking, high-fiving or caressing, it’s beyond important they communicate the right message.
Well-groomed hands can be achieved in a number of ways, chief amongst them being regular professional or at-home manicures. No matter what route one goes, two daily action items are essential to maintain mitt integrity:
• WASH & SOFTEN UP: Start out by washing your hands with a quality hand wash to disinfect and remove grit and grime. Then, soak both hands in a bowl of warm water to soften the nails and nail beds.
• GET UNDER THERE: Clean underneath each nail with a high-end file to remove the jammed- in dirt and slime that just ain’t attractive or sanitary. Quickly wash hands again.
• GIVE EM’ A TRIM : Individually trim each nail with a quality trimmer, starting each nail in the middle and then rounding off to the sides. It’s ideal to leave a thin, white strip on the end of each nail.
• BE SMOOTH: Smooth the edge of each nail using a nail file or emery board. Go one way with the file, not back and forth like a saw. This will smooth the surface and leave nails with a touch of shine.
• GET CREAMED: Seal the deal by massaging a quality hand cream all over hands and wrists.