APPROPRIATE HAND WASHING
: Just like the face, hands need to be regularly cleansed to remove grit and grime. An added item that necessitates washing is the need to eliminate the pesky germs and more that lead to infection, etc. Quality hand washes are recommended for use and are usually less drying and harsh than regular soap.MEGA MOISTURIZING:
Hands take a pounding, whether via hard work or the elements. Restore the vital nutrients hands need to stay healthy and looking good by generously applying a quality hand cream several times a day. Nobody wants to look at or shake “alligator hands.”
Should a professional manicure be too much to “hand-le,” simply bolt the door and do it yourself at home. Here’s how:
THE AT-HOME MANICURE
• WASH & SOFTEN UP: Start out by washing your hands with a quality hand wash to disinfect and remove grit and grime. Then, soak both hands in a bowl of warm water to soften the nails and nail beds.
• GET UNDER THERE: Clean underneath each nail with a high-end file to remove the jammed- in dirt and slime that just ain’t attractive or sanitary. Quickly wash hands again.
• GIVE EM’ A TRIM : Individually trim each nail with a quality trimmer, starting each nail in the middle and then rounding off to the sides. It’s ideal to leave a thin, white strip on the end of each nail.
• BE SMOOTH: Smooth the edge of each nail using a nail file or emery board. Go one way with the file, not back and forth like a saw. This will smooth the surface and leave nails with a touch of shine.
• GET CREAMED: Seal the deal by massaging a quality hand cream all over hands and wrists.
IN THIS ARTICLE: