Insight & Advice on Moisturizers
A good moisturizer should be at the foundation of every man’s skincare regimen. Moisturizers provide hydration and nourishment that your skin craves in order to regenerate skin cells, prevent wrinkles and improve your shave. The key to using a moisturizer, is making sure you find one for your specific skin care needs. We’ve broken down the varying types of moisturizers so you can understand which is best for you:
- SPF-Infused: Since wearing a product with a SPF (Sun Protection Factor) daily is recommended, many men like to “kill two birds with one stone” by using a moisturizer containing an SPF. This type of combination product is even more appealing when realizing that premature aging is more prevalent in those who don’t protect their skin from environmental factors like the sun.
- Oil-Free: Although it’s natural and healthy for skin to produce oil, there are some whose skin is too generous and produces oil beyond what is required or looks normal. For those whose oil issues are more a result of external stressors like UV rays or air dryness, oil-free moisturizers can add and retain proper moisture levels via non-oily ingredients that deliver appropriate levels of protection and balance.
- Oil-Control/ Anti-Shine: For men whose skin produces excess sebum (which makes their dermis feel and look oily and greasy), an oil-control moisturizer is the proper call. Quality moisturizers of this ilk not only keep skin supple and hydrated, they also “soak up” excess oil and help reduce shine in one fell swoop.
- Energizing: These self-starters are infused with antioxidants, blood circulation enhancers, and most importantly, loads of caffeine. Such ingredients unite to tighten skin, erase signs of fatigue and create a generally healthier complexion.
- Anti-Aging/ Night Creams: Developed in varieties that are for both one-shot and ongoing use, these moisturizers are loaded with vitamins, antioxidants and free radical fighting ingredients that aim to stop the clock or at least slow it down. Night creams are essential as they aid the skin’s natural recovery process while you snooze. These moisturizers provide crucial ingredients and of course tons of moisture to help facilitate the healing process.
WOW-Worthy Customer Experience
Making the men in this world even more handsome takes a lot of hard work. So, getting incredible customer reviews and feedback from thousands of satisfied customers means everything to us. Service is truly the backbone of our business in both our two barbershop & spas and online. Below, enjoy some our most recent reviews from customers via our third-party review partner Shopper Approved. If you ever need any grooming advice, or have a question about an order, please do not hesitate to reach out to us – we’re here to assist.