Groominglounge.com was started out of my basement. We invested about $3,000 into a Yahoo store and worked with ahusband and wife team out of Tampa, Florida to get it off the ground. Our initial inventory only spanned about 30 products, the vast majority of which I believe were nose hair trimmers.
16 years later and with many iterations of the site in between, we just upgraded the site in a big way once again. And of course, it’s our best version yet. No B.S. It’s really fantastic (or at least it’s getting there).
So, from the time we started with the redesign until now (about a year in total), we’ve dealt with a lot of great individuals and companies to get the site where we wanted it to be — a site that provides our customers/guests with the finest online destination for getting the grooming products and advice they need to look more handsome and feel more confident.
The details of what makes Groominglounge.com v. 10.0 so great we’ll save for another post (we’re not here to brag — if it’s even brag-worthy yet), but here’s just a few people we want to thank:
- Shakti and his team at e-layers (they work out of an undiclosed location) for coding their asses off.
- Sue V., still our original web designer from the Yahoo days, for providing the initial mock-ups of the new site.
- Mike L. & Jack R., our internal and awesome online experience team, for leading the charge and managing everything.
- Al Gore, for creating the internet.
- Damien & Amaya in Montenegro, for their assistance with all things Groominglounge.com, even though they’ve only recently become part of the team.
- Our entire corporate office team, who were asked hundreds of times throughout the process — “how does this look?”
- My wife and two sons, who gave the thumbs up and thumbs down on nearly every page of the site.
- Most importantly, you, our valued customers/guests for keeping us in business.
So, if you haven’t seen it yet, please take a moment to check out the new site. Here’s hoping you like it, but if for any reason you don’t or have suggestions, please e-mail me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me hear about it.