While we’ve come a long way, most men have little idea how to properly take care of their skin for improved comfort, appearance and better shaves. And while there’s a million and two articles out there outlining solid men’s skincare routines, we thought we’d make things a tad more simple by just telling you what you should and shouldn’t do to get your face looking and feeling 100.
- Moisturize daily, ideally with a product that has SPF. No arguing this one, it’ll keep you looking younger.
- Use a toner. First, find out what a toner is and then, use one pretty regularly.
- Exfoliate your face with a gentle scrub 2-3 times per week. It’ll help with ingrown hairs and help every other skin product you use work better.
- Eye creams seem like a stretch for a lot of guys, but they work and do a great job of hiding a hangover or lack of sleep. Tap them on gently.
- Wash your face with a product designed specifically for your face. Using a bar of soap that recently cleaned your ass isn’t helping anyone.
- Don’t ignore the power of a good lip balm.
- Stay out of the sun as much as you can.
- Eat healthy… it makes a difference.
- Eliminate any ingrown hairs before they become real nasty looking and feeling.
- Pick at anything on your face.
- Use products with tons of alcohol.
- Shave with dirty or dull razor blades.
- Assume that you don’t need an SPF product just because it’s cloudy out. You still need it.
- Drink too much alcohol. Moderation is OK, but too much is going to leave your skin looking sub par in the long run.
- Apply any products that make you look greasy.
- Over-pluck or over-wax your eyebrows.
- Ignore your forehead. That needs to be washed and moisturized too.