Even the dudes need a little help getting groomed for the Grammys. If you plan on walking the red carpet, or have a big night planned, you’ll want to look your most handsome too. Special occasions call for a little more effort when getting ready for your close-up. Of course, you’ll need a shave and a haircut. But finishing your look with Baxter of California styling products will further elevate your award-winning style. Celebrity groomer, Joanna Simkin prepped Zayn Malik for the big night. Follow her posts for Baxter of California’s Instagram story and her tips for getting rid of puffiness and flyaways. Get groomed for the Grammys and who knows, maybe you can date a showstopper like Gigi Hadid too.
- To prep the skin, wash and exfoliate and then pat gently with a towel to leave the skin slightly damp.
- Joanna applied the Baxter of California Under Eye Complex from under eye to the outer, using light pressure to help push any puffiness out.
- Next, take a nickel-sized dollop of the Super Shape Recharge Cream and rub together in palms to warm the product up before applying to the face, then lightly press on your still-damp skin, again pressing the palms toward the outside of the face for a light facial massage to stimulate the skin.
- Pro tip: leaving the skin damp will help lock-in additional moisture, and the light massage gets the circulation going to help skin look more even-toned.
- To finish, lightly blot with a tissue in the t-zone.
- The result: even skin that looks hydrated without the grease or shine!
- Starting with clean hair, rough towel-dry to slightly damp.(If hair is fine, use a blow-dryer for some lift. Thick hair can start with damp hair to the same effect.)
- Joanna started with a dime-sized amount of the award-winning Clay Pomade, and warmed it between her palms to make sure there are no clumps of product or too much concentration of product in any one place.
- Starting at the back of the head, coat the hair with Clay Pomade. If you need more product, repeat, using a dime-sized amount of product.
- Pro tip: It’s better to layer than start with too much.
- Once the hair is coated, style with your fingers.
- The beauty of Clay Pomade is there is enough hold for the style to hold once it’s set, but not so firm that you can’t work the style until it’s too your liking.
- If you have any random flyaways, smooth just those with a tiny bit more Pomade.
- Once the style is to your liking, spray with Clay Effect Style Spray to hold.