Insight & Advice on Styling Aids
Recreate any hairstyle with a quality, barber-approved styling aid. Styling aids have made great strides and are now available as pomades, waxes, muds, creamsand gels. These products vary in the amount of hold (how much your hair stays in place) and the finish (shiny, slick hair versus a natural, dry appearance). The key is understanding what type of look will work best for your hair. By choosing and using a product perfectly suited to your hair type and style, your lid can get that “just left the barber” look (minus the hair in your shirt). To make it easier, we’ve broken down the differences in styling aids:
Types of styling aids:
- Pomades: Incredibly versatile, offering a wet, shiny look while maintaining a pliable hold. Though not right for fine hair, they’re perfect for sleek, well-groomed styles or shorter, texturized styles.
- Waxes: Similar to pomades, but offer a stronger hold. A great choice for lending shine and control to short cuts, they’re also perfect for managing very thick hair.
- Muds: The choice when maximum control is needed. This type of styler is great for giving texture to short, disheveled styles and for adding separation to long styles. Many muds and fibers give off a non-glossy, matte finish.
- Creams: Often the best choice for men who need something in their hair, but don’t want to look like it. They offer a lighter finish, some shine and are quite adept at controlling flyaways and helping to neaten shorter styles.
- Gels: usually the best option to create a wet, sleek look. Quality gels will have "memory" once dry, enabling comb-through that can provide a structured, yet dry appearance. Gels usually come in firm or light hold.
WOW-Worthy Customer Experience
Making the men in this world even more handsome takes a lot of hard work. So, getting incredible customer reviews and feedback from thousands of satisfied customers means everything to us. Service is truly the backbone of our business in both our two barbershop & spas and online. Below, enjoy some our most recent reviews from customers via our third-party review partner Shopper Approved. If you ever need any grooming advice, or have a question about an order, please do not hesitate to reach out to us – we’re here to assist.