Grooming Tips To Reduce Stress
FIGHT STRESS WITH A LITTLE SELF-PAMPERING
Stress happens. A big project at work, a visit from the in-laws, a malfunctioning Wii remote – all of it raises tension levels. It’s no secret that such anxieties have an impact on one’s overall health. From headaches to skin challenges, everything is impacted by ramped-up stress.
Whatever the root causes, stress can be battled in many ways, one of which is from a “grooming perspective.” And since that’s the only angle we’re remotely qualified to speak on, here goes…
De-stressing through grooming starts with creating the right environs everywhere grooming plays a role. Working up thick and sweet-smelling shave lather come shave time, slathering on a calming body wash in the shower or lighting a manly candle around the abode – it all helps. Whatever the choice of tools or settings, take slow and deliberate actions. Stress speeds up the heart-rate and quickens breathing, so as obvious as it sounds, breathing deeply and slowly and finding that “inner Zen” is a plus.
PERFECT IDEAS FOR STRESS-BUSTING
- The Traditional Wet Shave: While a bit slow and methodical wedged into a workday morning, a quality wet shave (using a shave brush and all) makes for a relaxing experience. Heat up the lather or pre-shave, whip up some cream or soap and spend an extra 10 getting smooth. It’s a mini-vacation and both face (and mind) will thank you.
- The Candle-Light Vigil: Candles aren’t just a romance enhancer. Reading or meditating by candle light will help slow thoughts and relax the heart rate. Wick it out.
- The M-ubble Bath: While most men have popped some bubbly, they’re less inclined to bathe in it. Lock the bathroom door after a long day and try a 15-minute suds bath. A high-quality cleansing gel can make it happen. Rubber ducky optional.
- Spa, Spa, Spa: Build in a trip to the spa once a month for a relaxing service(s). Facials, massages, treatments… they all help.
Stress reduction can happen in an instant. Give these subtle secrets a go:
- Heaven Scent: Try using a unique-smelling shave cream instead of the standby, unscented version. Besides the great shave, the new scent is a unique way to “snap out of it.”
- Get Moving: Even 20 minutes of exercise a day helps. Do some jumping jacks, Jazzercise, chop wood, whatever. You'll feel better, have more energy and get better sleep. Make sure to shower post exercise though
- Chug-A-Lug: Drinking ample amounts of water has been proven to keep one healthy and less stressed. So, drop the Dr. Pepper and grab some H20.
- Get Out: Whether at work or locked up in the house, a quick walk outside can do wonders to clear a gent's mind. Don't question it, you've got five minutes. Get struttin'.