WHAT ARE MEN WORRIED ABOUT?
Recent research shows that men are most worried about the following when it comes to their skin and aging:
- 1. Fine Lines: Wrinkles all around the face -- particularly the eye and mouth area (often referred to as “Crow's Feet”).
- 2. Tired-Looking Skin: Skin that looks “worn out,” with no hint of softness or suppleness
(sorry, we couldn't think of any more macho words to use). We’re talking about a dull, coarse, leathery hide.
- 3. Brown Spots: Small patches of discoloration on the face and neck.
WHAT CAUSES THESE ISSUES?
Not to get too scientific, but Collagen and Elastin are the elements that keep skin looking soft and healthy. When these elements are damaged or reduced in volume, skin tends to go downhill and premature aging
sets in. So, it's important to, where possible, protect skin from outside forces that damage Collagen and Elastin. It’s also important and obvious to note that while time and genetics certainly play a role in premature aging, it is universally agreed that a healthy lifestyle
and skincare regimen
can mitigate negative factors and results.
THINGS TO AVOID
This stuff wreaks havoc on Collagen and Elastin and affects your skin's appearance.
- 1. Major Sun Exposure: Betcha' didn't know that 99% of all premature aging is the result of
sun exposure. Such exposure causes a massive attack of free radicals that cause wrinkling, sagging and damage to that precious Collagen and Elastin.
- 2. Smoking: The damage to skin can be significant, but is still probably the least of a
- 3. Unhealthy Lifestyle: Sleep deprivation, ongoing stress, heavy drinking and poor nutrition have a direct effect on the skin’s appearance.
THINGS TO DO
Whether you're trying to avoid premature aging all together or just slow it down, follow these golden rules:
1. Wear Sunscreen: Slap on a moisturizer with an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of 15 or more every single morning. Avoid unprotected sun exposure.
2. Follow A Solid Skincare Routine: Remember the letters CSP – Cleanse, Scrub and Protect.
3. Quit Smoking: That’s it… just knock it off.
4. Live Healthy: Eat well, take vitamins, and get some sleep and exercise.