WHAT DO MASKS DO?
Masks do all the things that cleansers, moisturizers, scrubs and toners often need a little help with, such as…
Getting rid of bad stuff
· Taming oiliness, especially in the "T-Zone" (nose to lower forehead) area by absorbing excess oils
Giving Good Stuff
· Tightening up pores that get clogged with dirt and grime, often leading to breakouts and unsightly dermis
· Infusing moisture and oxygen to promote skin renewal
· Improving blood circulation en route to a healthier-feeling and looking hide
TYPES OF MASKS
There are two "main" types of masks available today:
· Those created to battle oily or acne-prone skin.
· Those targeted toward men with dry, dull dermis.
While oily-type masks are a bit more common, hydrating masks are now uber-popular due to their variety of health benefits. In addition to rejuvenating and refreshing dry skin, these hydrating masks provide mucho anti-aging benefits.
MASK TIPS & MYTHS
Masks can be pretty powerful, so it's important to follow provided directions (usually right there on the tube, tub or whatever). Whatever the mask type, starting with a clean face is usually recommended. From there, following are a few more tricks and tips of the masking trade.
Don't Overdo It: Masks should be part of a solid grooming routine, but not a daily routine. Once to twice a week will do the trick, with oily gents leaning more toward a "double shot."
Moisturize: Oil-fighting masks can dry out the skin, so it's critical to moisturize post-making to restore PH balance and keep dermis healthy, vibrant and hydrated.
Be Patient: Most masks require 10-15 minutes of face time to stay on the mug and harden. The skin will and should feel tight as the mask absorbs the excess oil. Don't rush the treatment, it's not like a cleanser that you wash on/wash off. So clear your schedule for a bit to make sure you're not prematurely unmasking.
Get A Facial: If you've never had a professional skincare facial, it's highly recommended. Besides being super-relaxing, professional skincare treatments are fantastic for the mug's health and feel.